Clueless Crosswords Launched
We launched a simple beta of CluelessCrosswords.com just over a year ago, and it’s grown in popularity steadily ever since. So we figured it was about time to take it out of beta and make it an official Puzzle Baron site.
The new site launched last week, and it contains the usual Puzzle Baron features, such as monthly and all-time competitions, individual game statistics, trophy rooms, chat, forum, etc. We’ve also improved several aspects of game play based on user response, namely:
1. All puzzles now use every letter in the alphabet, A through Z, at least once.
2. Guest (non-registered, non-competitive) players can get unlimited hints to help them when they get stuck. Hints are not available for competitive play, to keep things fair.
3. A new “clear the board” link to start over, if you’ve gone down a certain path and discover it isn’t working for you – sometimes it’s easier to just start from scratch.
4. We now keep a running tally of all letters used and unused, to help you keep track.
5. We also won’t allow any letter to be used on the board more than once. A pop-up will alert you if you try to do this.
6. Arrow keys can now be used to navigate across the game board and the key, so you don’t have to just tab or click your way through anymore.
We hope you find the new site even better than the old one – and thanks as always for playing!